Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Change Language with user login

affoltep Gast

Default Change Language with user login

Hello

I would like to add the favorite language to the user profile. So the user does a login, the language changes automaticaly. Is there a build in function?

Regards

Default Re: Change Language with user login

Create a String Rema and create a state with the desired username for which this function should be executed. Link the language change function to this state of the Rema
    Link this String Rema to the system variable "Username"

Regards,
    Herbert

The solution from Herbert is a good possibility, however this does not consider users which are newly created in the runtime.

The user profile saves alll open pictures for a user in the runtime. You could make a language selection screen, which opens a second, invisible screen. The picture active variable for this screen controls the language change function.

If the user is logged in, and the _LAST profile is loaded, the invisible picture will be loaded again, and the language change will take place.

A new user created in the runtime could select its language, (opening the invisible picture) and then save the profile for this user.

affoltep Gast

Default AW: Change Language with user login

Thank you for your ideas.

I tried to implement the solution from mark. The language change over the invisible screen works so far, as long as it is not after a login.

This means it is working when the invisible screen is called over the language selecting screen, but not when the invisible screen is called by the LAST - profile. Although the right invisible screen is loaded by the profile.

I also tried to use the "Start function" instead of the "Screen active variable", but it has the same effect.

As an additional information, I used the limit of the "Screen active variable" to call the Language change function.

Any ideas, why the language change is not working after login?

thank you for the feedback.

I can reproduce the behaviour you describe and I apologize that my suggestion does not work. This is not what I expected.

It seems that the picture active variable is not set, when the picture is opened through the restoration of the user profile.

Also the picture active function is not executed when the picture is opened through the restoration of the user profile.

please find attached a small sample project, which calls the language change function through the invisible picture via the "Open" event in VBA.

2010-04-23_16-20-05 lc_userprofile.zip

affoltep Gast

This is working perfectly! Thank you Mark for your effort.