Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Event page alarm sequence

Default Event page alarm sequence

Hi,
    I have one issue with sequence of event, I am using 8.2 version.
    If The page of event opened and the IED sent around ten signals I am founding some alarms not in sequence as per time, the arrangements of alarms not as per time, I checked inside relay event same time in the event screen but not same sequence as inside relay all as per initiated time.

Please advise if there is any solution to make event screen arrange the alarms automatically as per time during the screen is opened. Or any function can do it automatically without reopening the event screen.
    Thanks for your support.
    Last edited by Abdel sattar : 16th March 2022 at 22:13

Default Re: Event page alarm sequence

please make sure your IED is correctly time synchronized. And that this IED, while sending the data (events), sends it with correct time stamps. And that those time stamps have as time quality "good" and not "time invalid".

If IED data comes without time stamps or with time stamps but plus info that those time stamps are invalid, then zenon drivers are self time stamping the events. Then in the lists (e.g. CEL, AML, Historian), you could see a non-chronological mixture. Some events have (probably not precise) time like received from IED, the rest of events your local PC clock time from the moment of reception.

You can activate the CEL additional columns to compare 'time internal' with 'time external' and/or look at 'time difference' - to get overview about differences between arriving times in zenon in comparison to time stamp info received from IED.

Which communication protocol (driver) are you using? 

Hi,

I am using IEC 61850 protocol and relay time is synchronized with GPS, all alarms coming same time at the Event page only sequence not correct.

I need if any function or any option to can rearrange the alarms in sequence during it's initiated and event page open. please check the time in attached photo.  
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EVENT PAGE.jpg  

In IEC 61850 protocol, the IED (device) typically is configured to - over the period of e.g. 100-500ms - wait on all the changing data - to send all changes in a single report; and no to produce as many separated reports as there are data attributes (=variables) changing value. This period is the parameter BufTm, available in as well Unbuffered as Buffered Report Control Blocks (URCB and BRCB).

When, while you have the CEL or AML screen open, zenon receives data changes of few variables in a single report, then the order of the CEL/AML entries is the order of the data in the report, and not the strictly chronological. zenon CEL/AML is re-sorted chronologically while opening the screen.

If you re-open the list - is then the order (sorting) then correct or still not quite chronological?

if I re-open the screen all alarms sorted ok or if I pressed on tap for time twice.

I explained for witness that's from relay, but he needs it to sorted automatically. 

So we have any option to do that automatically without re-opening the page.

To display like it is now: incoming entries in the order they are coming, not extra post-sorted - it is a demand by many other customers.

During 30 years of zenon there were no customers assisting seriously to have the extra option to continuously sort. Would be not the best choice for the performance and usability. Without loss of performance this would mean that zenon is not allowed to display new entries immediately, but has to buffer internally (how long???) before shows. And what should happen if the next values will come with timestamp more significantly in the past, so chronologically already few pages before? Are you sure the operator (human) will be happy when the list keeps to resorting? Then how to focus on the right information? Now the operator has choice: he/she can see in the incoming order, or, on wish - at the moment he/she want - to force reopen, so the post-sorting. Proposal: add one more button to call the reopen function with text 'post sorting'.

If you need more/new features in zenon you can order a product enhancements. Maybe contact officially the COPA-DATA Sales.
    Last edited by ursulak : 18th March 2022 at 12:40