Showing results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: Logix odva driver : Communication fault with some variables that belong to udt

Default Logix odva driver : Communication fault with some variables that belong to udt

Good evening,
                we are encountering a strange problem in a project where I am using LOGIX ODVA drivers. 
    On an already perfectly working project, where the connection with PLC was working correctly for each single variable, we implemented a modification for which it was necessary to add some new variables. 
    On the PLC side, a dedicated UDT was created (see pictures) called "MOT_DIV_CH_A" Within this structure, there is a sub structure called "HMI". Within "HMI" are the added INT or BOOL variables concerning the implemented change. 
    During the first bench test session carried out by a colleague, he detected the absence of communication ONLY regarding the new HMI variables with the PLC.  At this point we wonder whether a syntax error has been made in the symbolic addressing field (the "IDENTIFICATION" field has been used) or there are some limitations in the driver, in terms of UDT knotting, of which we are not aware.
    I suggested to my colleague that he try : 
    - import the variables from the driver (see page 35 of the LOGIX ODVA data sheet)
    - Try launching Diag Viewer tool to obtain more details on the communication fault of these variables. 

1) Have you already experienced this problem (I haven't found anything relevant on the forum)? 
    2) Do you have any further suggestions for solving this problem?

Please find attached 2 screenshots, respectively containing the structure of the PLC-side variable addressing and the HMI-side variable settings.

Thank you

MATTEO MAGNANI - SIDEL S.p.a.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PLC DATA STRUCTURE.png   HMI SETTING.png