Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: T-Junction of Lines fed by two Sources (ALC)

Default T-Junction of Lines fed by two Sources (ALC)

Hi,

The situation I'm dealing with is depicted below:

Source1 connected to a T-Junction of Lines
    Source 2 connected to second point of T-Junction of Lines
    The third line of T-Junction is connected to the remaining system

Problem is, if any of the two sources are on, the third Line accepts ALC. I want that the Source 1 is on, but still the third line gets coloring only from Source-2, even if the Source-1 is connected and is on.

Is it possible?
    (please note that I can't disconnect the Source-1, and neither I can switch it off in this case)

Default Re: T-Junction of Lines fed by two Sources (ALC)

I hope I understand this correctly. You want source 1 to be connected, but you don't want to see it's color in the lines in ALC?

If a source is connected, the lines (with color from ALC) will always take over the color from the source.

If you are using the energy edition, you have options for multiple feed. E.g. to use the color from both sources, or to use the highest priority source (source 1 will be displayed, but if source 2 is active, then the color from source 2 will be used)

Why do you need source 1 to be connected if you don't want to see it's color? Are you using topological interlocking? Depending on what you really need, you could try with some lines in between, which do not use the color from ALC.

You could set the source color for source 1 to have the same color as the normal line color. Then you would not see if source1 is active or not.

Hi Mark,

May be my problem can be solved by using Topological Interlocking, honestly speaking I don't have any idea of it

There is one point I submitted wrong by mistake, which is that I told you before the Line3 should not take its color from ALC if Source1 and Source2 are On.

I will restate my question (Correctly, this time) again:

Let us assume the Line connected to Source1 is Line1, for Source2 it is Line2 and the third line connected in between (hence, making a T-Junction) is Line3.

I want that if Source1 is ON but Source2 is OFF, Line1, Line3 should take their color from ALC but Line2 should not take its color from ALC.
    Similarly, if Source2 is ON and Source1 is OFF, Line2, Line3 should take their color from Source2 through ALC but Line1 should remain unaffected.

I don't know if this problem falls in topological interlocking, but if it is, please let me know

ok. I think I know what you mean, but I'm still not 100% sure what you exactly want, and most of all, why you want to display it like this. This does not directly have something to do with topological interlocking.

In this screenshot, only source 2 is active, sw2 is closed, sw1 is open
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot156.png
Views:	26
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	370

In this screenshot, only source 1 is active, sw2 is open, sw1 is closed

Name:	ScreenShot157.png
Views:	14
ID:	371

In this screenshot, both source 2 and source 1 are active, both switches sw1 and sw2 are closed: (in this case the "source2" is the higher prior source and is displayed over "source1"

Name:	ScreenShot158.png
Views:	13
ID:	372

This is how it looks in the editor:

Name:	ScreenShot159.png
Views:	13
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	373

This is how it can look, if you coose "two highest priority sources"

Name:	ScreenShot160.png
Views:	14
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	374

pleaste note, that the option "two highest priority sources" is only available, if you are using the zenon energy edition, and you have the optional module "Topology" licensed.

Name:	ScreenShot161.png
Views:	21
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	375

Generally, if a line is connected to an ALC source and goes through a switch which is closed, the ALC color will continue (as electrical power would).

Dear Mark,

I understand your curiosity that why I am trying to achieve such functionality , I know that the ALC follows the flow of coloring just like Electrical Power/Current does, but there are situations where you want to stress that the Source (or generator) is energizing only 'this' particular section, but not the other source which is connected in parallel. I hope you got the feeling

See, the Screen shot you showed to me is a beautiful example of it. If Source1 is On and is feeding Electrical Power to the third line connected in between the two sources, you would like to stress that its purpose is to feed the Load connected on third line, Not the other source connected in parallel (In my situation, nobody would like this to happen).

It is just an extra effort I want to put, otherwise, we will not be in any kind of loss if we can't show the ALC in this particular fashion

mmh, you could place another line on top of the line coming from source 1, which is only visible when source 2 is active.

This way the line on top (without color from ALC) would cover the line below (with color from ALC) when source 2 is active.

However you would miss colorization when both sources would be active simulataneously.