Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Status Variable in Global Project.

Default Status Variable in Global Project.

Hi everyone,

I have an integration project consist of global and local project. Then, i have set a few alarm area, group and classes. The i want to set a status variable for each class, group, and area. Somehow, i found that i cannot set the status variable at each group class and area. What i want to do is, when an alarm is triggered, there is an alarm sound that will play continuously, then after i acknowledge the alarm, the sound should stop.

Hope anyone can help me on this,

Thanks

Default Re: Status Variable in Global Project.

as GLOBAL project cannot contain variables, if you like to link status variable(s) to the alarm areas/groups/classes you have to move the alarming to the nodes in the right project. 

Hi..

Thanks for reply..so...so which one is the preferred one to configure the alarm group and alarm class..because i have the integration project...is it the best way is to configure at individual project or i need to add another project as my central project.

A GLOBAL project and an Integration project are not the same. The GLOBAL exists only in the Workspace, after compilation, the used components are placed then in the resulting compiled files of the projects using them.

Typically, I'm placing only the alarm classes ("info", "warning", "error", "failure", "communication loss") in GLOBAL, and areas and groups in goal (sub)projects; but giving the IDs in different range, so then in screens of integration project I can easy filter the AML/CEL to the area of a subproject.

The most important alarming tool are for me the Alarm Areas. In subproject, in alarm areas, i'm then using alarm aggregation to the classes, linking class from GLOBAL and internal variables from the subproject (for status).

The alarm groups i'm using to deactivate/activate e.g. communication paths (variables from particular driver(s) and/or connections) or of kind of limits - to prevent/stop an eventual alarm flood or misleading alarms, e.g. while experimental production process procedures, or PLC/equipment maintenance, or ethernet issues. In my concept, by definition, the groups are never something GLOBAL. Sometimes i'm creating groups = alarm areas to have additional information/indicators/functions per area.

Hint: the use of XML export / import can speed up editing.  

Another question is can i used equipment model and alarm group, class and area for the same variable. Will this affect the filter at aml and cel

thanks

AML and CEL are showing entries fulfilling the filter criteria.

A variable you can assign to area(s) ether directly in variable alarming properties or by assigning variable to equipment model. There is a check-box to decide if direct or via equipment.

You cannot assign a variable to group or class. To group or class you can assign the particular limit, so the particular value (or status bits evaluation) of variable(s).