Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: WPF with Entity Framework integration

Default WPF with Entity Framework integration

Hi,

is it posible to use code based wpf project (inside xaml only project) with added an reference to dll, what contains entity franework dependency and app config file?

When I try to use that set in zenon Supervisor I have errors. Do I doing somthing wrong?

Default Re: WPF with Entity Framework integration

Quote Originally Posted by Oleksandr View Post
    Hi,

is it posible to use code based wpf project (inside xaml only project) with added an reference to dll, what contains entity franework dependency and app config file?

When I try to use that set in zenon Supervisor I have errors. Do I doing somthing wrong?

Hi all, 

adding conString to models constructor solve that problem. But appears problem with changing that conStr

Hi Oleksandr,

you could try to use a config file. But you can not use the app.config file. This file could only be used on the application level. As the WPF control is implemented in form of control and not an application, you may have to consider that.

What does it mean?

You have to explicitly tell the control, which config file it should load. Have a look: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.configuration.configurationmanager.openmapp edexeconfiguration?redirectedfrom=MSDN&view=netfra mework-4.8#overloads

Kind regards,
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by martin_f View Post
    Hi Oleksandr,

you could try to use a config file. But you can not use the app.config file. This file could only be used on the application level. As the WPF control is implemented in form of control and not an application, you may have to consider that.

What does it mean?

You have to explicitly tell the control, which config file it should load. Have a look: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.configuration.configurationmanager.openmapp edexeconfiguration?redirectedfrom=MSDN&view=netfra mework-4.8#overloads

Kind regards,
    Martin

Hi, thx a lot for hint, I will check that