PDA

View Full Version : Process Gateway 870 Command to Zenon runtime IEC850

rvp2006
13th March 2019, 05:52
I'm using the Zenon Process gateway for upward communication to a master control center on IEC-101. The substation equipment are integrated on IEC61850. My question is regarding the mapping of double commands. Pls explain the procedure.

ursulak
13th March 2019, 09:02
There is no need of special procedure, especially in zenon version &gt;= 8.00. But make sure that you let the default settings about DPI Mapping in the IEC850 driver and IEC870Slave zenon Process Gateway.<br><br>In IEC61850 protocol the switching commands - e.g. *CSWI/Pos/Oper.ctlVal[CO] - are BOOL, where values are:&nbsp;0 - "open", 1 - "close". <br>The same philosophy uses the zenPG&nbsp;IEC870Slave - e.g. a Information Object with Type ID 46&nbsp;("double command") - is USINT,&nbsp;allowed values are here also:&nbsp;0 - "open", 1 - "close".<br><br>With DPI Mapping feature in zenon drivers and Gateways there are the same values for "Open" and "Close" commands; and Open(0)/Close(1)/Intermediate(2)/Error(3) for positions. <br><br>Since version 8.00, you can directly link the *CSWI/Pos/Oper.ctlVal[CO] variable from IE850 driver in IEC870Slave -&nbsp;as T46 Information Object. In zenon versions &lt;= 7.60 you have to first change manually the data types of IEC850 variables, before the use as&nbsp;Information Objects in IEC870Slave. <br><br> The IE850 driver supports the&nbsp;change of the data type of a&nbsp;variable to another data type (as long values then&nbsp;would be&nbsp;still "compatible"). So, also in monitoring direction - e.g.&nbsp;*CSWI/Pos/stVal[ST]&nbsp;you can change manually the data type from UDINT to USINT and link in zenon Process Gateway IEC870Slave&nbsp;&nbsp;in zenon versions &lt;= 7.60 -&nbsp;as Information Object with Type ID 31&nbsp;"double-point information".&nbsp;

joelprasad
14th March 2019, 09:01
<br> The IE850 driver supports the&nbsp;change of the data type of a&nbsp;variable to another data type (as long values then&nbsp;would be&nbsp;still "compatible"). So, also in monitoring direction - e.g.&nbsp;*CSWI/Pos/stVal[ST]&nbsp;you can change manually the data type from UDINT to USINT and link in zenon Process Gateway IEC870Slave&nbsp;&nbsp;in zenon versions &lt;= 7.60 -&nbsp;as Information Object with Type ID 31&nbsp;"double-point information".&nbsp;<br><br>Hello Ursula,<br>1. as per your last point, I have changed my datatype of *CSWI/Pos/stVal[ST] to USINT but I am not able to see my variable(*CSWI/Pos/stVal[ST])&nbsp;in process gateway for type ID 31.<br>2. I am able to map my command variable to IEC870 slave and I am able to actuate my breaker from SLDC without the use of command processing. Upon using 'remote action'&nbsp; the command does not get actuated through command processing rather it directly actuates the breaker without checking interlocking.<br><br>Please advise on the above two points.<br><br>Thank You,<br>regards<br>
<br>

ursulak
14th March 2019, 11:01
<span style="color: rgb(128, 128, 128);">&gt;I have changed my datatype of *CSWI/Pos/stVal[ST] to USINT but I am not able to see my variable(*CSWI/Pos/stVal[ST])&nbsp;in process gateway for type ID 31</span><br><br>in zenPG: is the list of possible variables empty or displays only another variables?<br>have you compiled and reloaded project after changes of data types?<br><br><span style="color: rgb(128, 128, 128);">&gt;Upon using 'remote action'&nbsp; the command does not get actuated...</span><br><br>the 'auto-remote' actions are used only when the sector (COA)&nbsp;of zenPG is configured to use 'select routing' and the command variable (*/Oper.cltVal[CO]) has activated property 'Select Before Operate' (in group 'set value').<br>Else (while no 'select routing' + SBO)&nbsp;the zenPG transfers the command directly to the responsible driver (iec850)&nbsp;- not interacting with Command Processing.&nbsp;And it transfers this command first when master sends an Execute command. <br><br>see zenon Help: Manual &gt; Process Gateway &gt; IEC870 Slave &gt; Communication &gt; Commands &gt; Select routing

ursulak
14th March 2019, 11:05
if the only reason for interlocking by auto-remote action is the check of local/remote mode that maybe consider to dynamically deactivate/activate the commands in zenon Process Gateway by use of IO of TypeID=0 with IOA=2 ("reject or ignore commands"). This IO works sector-wise (for particular COA).

joelprasad
14th March 2019, 14:30
if the only reason for interlocking by auto-remote action is the check of local/remote mode that maybe consider to dynamically deactivate/activate the commands in zenon Process Gateway by use of IO of TypeID=0 with IOA=2 ("reject or ignore commands"). This IO works sector-wise (for particular COA).

Hello Ursula,
Thanks for the reply.
I have tried it as per your suggestion, but still after selecting 'select routing' my process gateway is not able to receive the command variable status from the SLDC. I tried to monitor the status bit SE870 and COT 7. But neither one's are getting high. The select before operate is enabled.

My variable at IEC60870 master is [Link1]T46 1.26
Datatype - USINT

Datatype at IEC870 PG side - USINT

Kindly advice

Thank You

ursulak
18th March 2019, 16:29
&gt;My variable at IEC60870 master is [Link1]T46 1.26<br><br>The variable name suggests that you are simulating the master using also zenon. Hopefully you are not using single project with as well IEC850, zenPG IEC870 Slave&nbsp; and IEC870 Master. Theoretically it&nbsp;would work, no worry, but it would be easy to totally confuse the configuration. If you would link a zenon&nbsp;IEC870 (master) variable&nbsp;as an IO in&nbsp;zenPG IEC870 Slave, then there could be very strange effects. So I would recommend you to start second PC&nbsp;and simulate this remote 870-master in another zenon project. Then you will also see in Wireshark what this master is sending (or not).<br><br>Are you sure that&nbsp;this master sends commands with Select? Does the variable [Link1]T46 1.26 has activated property 'Select before operate' and is linked to the Command Processing? The IEC870 driver sends Select only if is&nbsp;used together with Command Processing module. And, do NOT use the same command group for IEC850 variable (linked in zenPG)&nbsp;and for IEC870 (master ) variables. Else you can confuse even more.<br><br>I'm proposing you to contact COPA-DATA Support <u>officially</u>&nbsp;and ask for a sample project with Select routing from an&nbsp;870-master via zenPG 870-Slave to an IEC850 controllable object.<br><br><br>