PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the forums? Feedback thread

markclemens
6th October 2009, 02:01
As the number of people who are using the forums is steadily growing, and the number of posts increases every day, it may be a good time to start a feedback thread for you users, to tell us what you think and what we may improve in the forums.

We had a poll when we started with the forums, where it showed that some people only read the forum but do not post threads themselves. Other people would post their questions, but not participate in other threads. There were also people who would post their questions, but also participate in threads from other users.

What would you like to see improved in the forums? Is there something which you know from other forums that you miss here? What about the number of replies, or the quality of the information in the replies, or the time it takes until a reply is posted? What do you think about the languages used in this forum (German and English)? Do you think the forums need a "beginners" forum? Would you like a forum where you can introduce yourself? Do you think the forums are "just an alternative way" of contacting technical support? If yes, why do you, or do you not prefer to post in the forums? Would you like to see weekly threads, e.g. a friday update? If yes, what should these threads contain? If you have stopped posting in the forums, what was the reason? If you have not posted in the forum until now, what is the reason?

I know that these are many questions :eek: Of course you do not need to answer (all) the questions to provide your opinion. :cool:

If you are just happy with the way this forum works, please let us know as well!

I'm looking forward to some replies with feedback and suggestions :)

christopherpara
8th October 2009, 07:24
In some forums exist a kind of counting points for users. If you help someone then someone will buy you a beer, of course virtual one. In that matter we could recognize if someone is activly helping people or not.

markclemens
9th October 2009, 00:38
In this forum, you can rate threads. From excellent to terrible. It is a way of signifying how helpful the thread is for the original poster or other users.

I just rated this thread as "excellent". The sum of the votes rates the overall thread.

Of course, it is not a virtual beer :D

shahramkh59
20th October 2009, 06:43
hi dear clement.
I very much use your support and i wish and One day like you help to member of site.
best regard

shahramkh59
20th October 2009, 07:12
hi clemens
why doesn't way to edit my threat after submit?
this is routine and possible in so many forums please add this feature to site.
good luck.

markclemens
2nd November 2009, 23:24
it is possible to edit the post for 15 minutes after posting, e.g. to correct a spelling mistake.

The forum is moderated, which means that for each new post in the forum a moderator is informed by e-mail. The moderator's task is to check the post if it violates the terms of use for this forum. The post itself is visible immediately.

We do not allow editing older or archived posts for moderation reasons.

hp
3rd November 2009, 09:56
Ich habe eben einen Test zum Editieren von selbst erstellten threads in der Sandbox gemacht.

Ich finde keine Möglichkeit meinen eigenen Thread zu editieren, auch nicht in den ersten 15 min!

Wo sollte denn der Aufruf zum Editieren zu finden sein? :confused:

Grüße,

H.-P.

bernhardko
3rd November 2009, 10:39
This seems to be a problem of the rights! We will have a look at this issue to make it possible maybe for all users.;)

sebi
4th November 2009, 15:18
should work

bernhardko
4th November 2009, 15:25
Es wurden nun einige Einstellungen verändert. Bitte testen ob man seinen Post jetzt editieren kann! Danke!

hp
5th November 2009, 16:11
Das Editieren von eigenen Threads geht immer noch nicht...

>>>>> Falschmeldung jetzt geht das Editieren!!!

Danke!

daywalker1180
11th November 2009, 10:46
:) : Forum ist prinzipiell super, viele nützliche Infos zu finden!

:( : Nicht wirklich ein Kritikpunkt am Forum, aber es wäre schön wenn man sich Service-Packs und ältere zenOn-Versionen im Members-Bereich (auf der Copa-Data Webseite) herunterladen könnte. Da gibts momentan nur Dokus.

BG
Martin K.

jusufs
4th December 2009, 09:35
Ich finde das Forum SUPER, sogar besser und schneller als Suppor mit Ticket System.
Weiter so, vielen Dank !;)

shikra
13th February 2010, 07:31
Hi All,

This forum has been very very helpful and has motivated us to use Zenon more intelligently. In industries and plants we are always facing new and surprisingly different problems and the most important thing common to all of these problems is that we want an immediate solution for it. This forum has helped to reach our goals and targets much more quickly than it would have been through emailing or contacting the support.

Thanks all of you guys and I wish this forum grows better everyday :)

hicom
24th February 2010, 07:00
Nach vier Tagen immer noch keine Antwort..unbefriedigend! :(

markclemens
25th February 2010, 10:02
Das Forum steht jeden registrierten Benutzer auf der COPA-DATA Homepage für Fragen, Probleme und Diskussionen zur Verfügung.

In der Regel sind die Moderatoren, aber auch einige Community Mitglieder (sehr lobenswert!), bemüht eine rasche Antwort oder Hilfeleistung zu bieten.

Wenn das mal nicht der Fall ist, :o ist es natürlich verständlich, dass da Enttäuschung oder Ärgerniss entstehen kann!

Eine Community lebt durch und von den Mitgliedern, und würde ohne diesen, den Zweck verlieren. Wir hoffen durch Aufmerksamkeit und gute Hilfe die Community voranzutreiben und das Forum zu fördern.

Was das Forum allerdings nicht ist, ist eine Support Plattform mit garantierten Antwortzeiten.

Sollte hierauf Wert gelegt werden, bietet der lokalen COPA-DATA Support verschiedene Arten von Wartungsverträge an. Falls Interesse besteht, kontaktieren Sie einfach ihren lokalen COPA-DATA Support für weitere Informationen.

l33nsta
20th November 2010, 14:10
Since this is an international company, could you try and put in some sort of language conversation script in so we can all read the forums and understand most of it.

markclemens
21st November 2010, 23:59
thanks for the feedback. The forum may need to be splitted in different language sections for the google translate plugin for vBulletin forums to work properly. I have asked our webadmin to look into the possibilities.

yavaskoray
21st October 2013, 12:35
Hello,

I would like to have a "like" button for the posts. If i like the answer or find it useful then should be able to "like" it. Or it can be just a "tick".

Btw thank you guys for always giving quick and good answers!

Regards,
Koray

markclemens
21st October 2013, 23:21
Hi Koray,

Thank you for the feedback :)

I like your idea of being able to "tick" a certain post. I think this should be considered for the next forum update. In the Microsoft forums for example, posts can be marked as an answer.

Currently it is possible to rate a thread, have you seen that option?

Best regards,
Mark

michab
22nd October 2013, 13:52
Hi Mark,

where and/or how do I rate a thread? Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see any button or something to do that. Or at least, not to rate a special answer in a thread. I can rate only the complete thread. And that seems strange to me...

Best regards,
Michael

josefm
22nd October 2013, 15:58
Hi Michael,

have a look on the top of the first post. There is the possibility to rate the whole thread. Just klick on it and a dropdown opens where you have radio Buttons to select how many stars you give the thread and then send it with the "vote now" button.

As the replies before are saying, it is not possible yet to rate a single post in a thread.

Best regards

ietvkim
11th June 2014, 08:59
Hi
An issue that I found a bit annoying is the search function to find posts.
If you type multiple search words the relation seems to be OR. It would be nice to search with AND.

for example. fist search for button gives 383 post, then if you want to narrow the search to button and interlocking it gives 412 post.

best regard

rajsiyer
23rd February 2015, 06:57
Clearly there must be a beginner's forum. The help material and other documentation available in the website are not enough for even a seasoned SCADA developer like me to get started.

For example, unlike the more popular SCADA packages such as WW-InTouch, Citect, or Cimplicity there is no straighforward or easy to use method for writing scripts that run in the background.. Again this issue is crucial since the PCE is being withdrawn and replaced by Zenon logic..which is a IEC editor for programming the controllers.

So for scripting simple functions we have to resort to VBA. I wish there is enough introductory material that gets one started.

Perhaps all this is not as difficult as I imagine, but even for me with 15+ years of scada experience I find Zenon extremely klunky, unfriendly to use. More so because the developer license is very costly and we get only 15 minutes to try out each attempt. So in the absence of sufficient documentation or examples the learning curve takes too much time.

umer123
10th January 2016, 02:28
I am unable to find where somebody can create a new thread Search bar is not useful nothing i can see in Quick Links.
At least put some video tutorial for getting started with Zenon its hard to find any help for beginner.

steven.costantini
24th February 2016, 10:55
Search Button!

antonio.vaquer
19th July 2016, 09:19
Hello guys,

I am Toni. It is the first time I use the forum. I am not a big fan of them actually, so I won't give an interesting feedback. I will mention is that I see this like a potent tool for support. Also I appreciate that most of the threads and messages are in English.:)

cynthiahamilton
19th December 2019, 15:43
<br>Constantly throws out of the account. That's all I wanted to say

laura54
13th January 2020, 14:04
<br>Constantly throws out of the account<a data-cke-saved-href="https://www.meilleurmatelas.pro/" href="https://www.meilleurmatelas.pro/">.</a> That's all I wanted to say<br>
<br>I have the same issue too :(

Alex_Warm
6th May 2020, 11:36
Everything is great here. I love all the aspects of this forum. However I think you should use English Instead of German.&nbsp;<br>Everything except this is great.