PDA

View Full Version : Installing Zenon WebClient 7.50 in a Network enviroment

luca.bardon
10th August 2016, 09:50
Hello,
I work for a Service Utility with a domain network. We use Zenon and a lot of user in our domain does have Zenon WebClient installed. Ocassionally we have to upgrade build of you products, but there is a problem: we have 9 sites over our city and we can't reach every sites to update every pc that uses zenon webclient every update.
With our IT departement we can deploy silently and with administrative privileges the any msi packages, so we are looking for a Zenon webclient msi package or at least the possibility to launch an unistall procedure of the old ZenonWebClient and the installation of the new version via cmd in silent mode with no interaction. Is it possible?
Thank you in advice
Luca

luca.bardon
29th August 2016, 14:34
Hello, no one can help me or give me a feedback ?
Thanks
Luca

xandit
29th August 2016, 14:47
Hi Luca,

you can find informations about a silent remove of the webclient on our homepage.
Just search in the Knowledge Base area for this Article-ID: 727368

There are all parameters for silent installation/remove listed.

Hope this helps you a bit further.

All the best,
Xandi

luca.bardon
20th September 2016, 06:26
Hi Xandi,
thank you for your link, I don't know why but Subscription to this post is not arrived to me.
I'll try then I'll let you know.
Best regards
Luca

luca.bardon
20th September 2016, 06:39
Hello Xandi,
I've got a first question: the .exe file "Scada.exe" is located in the DVD\Setup folder. For webclient, when I've got an update I've got only the

WEBCLIENT750SP0Build30617.exe

file. Are the parameter Always the same ?
Thank's again
Luca

luca.bardon
20th September 2016, 14:04
Dear Xandi,
just replacing the Scada.exe with the WEBCLIENT750SP0Build30617.exe and creating the command line as explained in the KB I was able to launch a silent install and a silent uninstall of the WebClient!
Thanks again for your support!
Luca

P.S.
In the KB you miss the uninstall SSID for the Webclient.

xandit
23rd September 2016, 07:58
Dear Luca,

sorry for my late reply but I'm glad to hear that you were already able to install it via the silent setup. ;)

Thanks for the hint in the KB-Entry, I'll forward it to the responsible person.

All the best,
Xandi