PDA

View Full Version : Zenon Web Client installation error

ruan
15th December 2015, 13:51
Hello

I have installed plenty of web clients before and have never had any problem.

Now I am struggling with an issue on Mecer T890 Semi Rugged Tablets. The operating system I have to use for my client is Windows Vista, and they are using Zenon 7.10 on their plant.

According to the documentation of COPA-DATA, Zenon 7.10 and 7.11 Web client will work on Windows Vista, however, I am getting an error right at the end of the installation.

I know it says Installation is successfull, but it also says that the installation has been interrupted and nothing is installed on the tablets when I click on finish.

Has anyone encountered this problem before, I would love to have this problem solved as soon as possible.

stephanr
3rd February 2016, 14:42
Hi,

sometimes the ‘Microsoft Fusion Logger’ causes issues during the installation of the WebClient setup.
In such case following error will be written at the webclientxxxx.log:
WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Next Steps:
• Clean up the system
• Install the actuals Service Pack for VISTA
• Make all updates for Windows and afterwards deactivate the automatically update mechanism for Windows updates
• Install the .NET 4.0 Framework
• Deactivate anti-virus software + firewall + Security Software + Microsoft Fusion Logger
• Install again the Setup for Web Client 7.xx
Br