PDA

View Full Version : How to deploy .NET Activex

parisamoosavi
5th March 2015, 12:50
Hello,

I have developed an activex in Visual Studio 2012 and I want to deploy it. If I build the project in local machine where I have develoed the control every thing is ok and it works ok. But if I make a installer for it and install the activex control on Targer machine I can't see the Activex in the list of Activex to use it in zenon.

Should set a special properties in Setup project?
I send the configurations which I have used for my activex. But it doesn't work!

Regards,
Parisa

bernhardf
5th March 2015, 13:32
Hello,

I have developed an activex in Visual Studio 2012 and I want to deploy it. If I build the project in local machine where I have develoed the control every thing is ok and it works ok. But if I make a installer for it and install the activex control on Targer machine I can't see the Activex in the list of Activex to use it in zenon.

Should set a special properties in Setup project?
I send the configurations which I have used for my activex. But it doesn't work!

Regards,
Parisa

Hi,

what exactly does the installer do?

You could try to register the ActiveX control manually by registering it via a RegAsm call like this:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Re gAsm.exe "D:\myControl.dll" /codebase
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegA sm.exe "D:\myControl.dll" /codebase

Regards,
Bernhard

PS:
Be sure that the zenon Editor & zenon Runtime is closed during the registration process!

parisamoosavi
5th March 2015, 16:08
Hi,

Because I have some dlls which are developed in .Net and I wanted, the end user only through a click installs all of them.

To register the dlls I have followed the IU-17,Page 26 and I used regasm.exe dll-name.dll /tlb:dll-name.tlb but it couldn't help. But with /codebase I could register the dll manually.
I appreciate it.

Regards,
Parisa

bernhardf
9th March 2015, 08:14
Hi,

Because I have some dlls which are developed in .Net and I wanted, the end user only through a click installs all of them.

Regards,
Parisa

You can still do this by creating a small application which registers the controls for you (That's what I did for testing purposes).

For more detailed information on the /codebase parameter see here:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/tzat5yw6%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

Regards,
Bernhard