PDA

View Full Version : ALC in clients

shikra
10th May 2010, 09:51
Dear,

When a line picks up its color from ALC in the server machine, this change isn't reflected back on the client workstation running the runtime of the same project. Moreover, the change in variable state is also not reflected back in the clients. What could be the reason? I am using Zenon 6.50 :confused:

herberto
10th May 2010, 10:44
Are the blue dots displayed at the dynamic elements (i.e. Numerical value) at the client?
-> if so, the client does not have a connection to the server

Regards,
Herbert

shikra
10th May 2010, 11:03
Are the blue dots displayed at the dynamic elements (i.e. Numerical value) at the client?
-> if so, the client does not have a connection to the server

Regards,
Herbert

No, the blue dots are not shown and the client has a very good connection with the server, because if I change a variable set to 'simulation' at server, the change is reflected at the client end also. If I change the state of Combi element (acting as source), the line takes its color from ALC, at the server end, but not at the client end. :mad: :mad: :mad:

herberto
12th May 2010, 11:22
Which driver do you use?
If the variables bases on the INTERN driver with the variable setting "Calculation" -> "Local" the variables are treated on each computer seperately.
-> set this variable property to "Network"

FYI: for command processing tests with action variable and response variable the Simulation-Driver is the better choice because the addressing of the variables can not be influenced when using the INTERN driver. Check out also the description within the help documenation at Command input -> Power On -> Screen for command input -> Create data points

Regards,
Herbert

markclemens
16th May 2010, 23:05
you may also want to check your license on the client, if it includes the optional module ALC. Is automatic line coloring generally working on the client?